Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nightmares / Koszmary

"It will be OK. We have each other. But one day I will have to explain about my nightmares. Why they came. Why they won't ever really go away.
I will tell them how I survive it. I will tell them that on bad mornings, it feels impossible to take pleasure in anything because I'm afraid it could be taken away. That's when I make a list in my head of every act of human goodness I've seen someone do. It's like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than twenty years.
But there are much worse games to play."

***

"Będzie dobrze. Mamy siebie. Ale pewnego dnia będę musiała wyjaśnić moje koszmary. Skąd się wzięły. Dlaczego już nigdy tak naprawdę nie odejdą.
Powiem im, jak udaje mi się to przetrwać. Powiem im, że w złe poranki, wydaje się niemożliwe, aby cieszyć się czymkolwiek, bo obawiam się, że może to być odebrane. Wtedy robię w głowie listę każdego aktu ludzkiej dobroci jaką widziałam by ktoś okazał. To jest jak gra. Powtarzalna. Nawet trochę nudna po ponad dwudziestu latach.
Ale są dużo gorsze gry, w które można grać."

No comments:

Post a Comment